| The Orchestra|
|"This orchestra is ... beyond brilliant"|
Just one of the reviews of our recent concerts. Here are some more: -
- A stunning concert of sheer brilliance. The orchestra has been raised to the next level. Huge congratulations to everyone.
- A really uplifting evening. So much energy and beautiful music. Thank you.
- The orchestra sounded incredible last night - very moving. The strings in the 3rd mvt of the Mahler were exquisite and Rob did a brilliant job. Everyone should feel very proud.
- Great orchestra and really enthusiastic pre-concert talk.
- Even though Bizet and Berlioz are not really my cup of tea, I absolutely loved the Ravel and still thought that it was an excellent evening.
- You get used to a great programme well performed with the Metropolitan, this was fabulous even by their high standards.
- Fantastique was simply fantastic. I so wish I had been taken to experience it as a child; I would have fallen in love with classical music immediately.
To give some idea of the diversity of the repertoire of works, the Orchestra has more recently performed, with excellent reviews: –
- Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 5 (May 2017 at Clifton Cathedral);
- Beethoven: Piano Concerto No. 3 (May 2017 at Clifton Cathedral);
- Brahms: Symphony No. 1 (March 2017 at St George's Bristol);
- Prokofiev: Romeo and Juliet Suite No. 2 (November 2016 at St George's Bristol);
- Sibelius: The Tempest Suite No. 1 (November 2016 at St George's Bristol);
- Beethoven: Choral Symphony (June 2016 at Colston Hall);
- Beethoven: Violin Concerto (June 2016 at Colston Hall).
|Bristol Metropolitan Orchestra is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 07454693 and a registered charity number 1150335. Registered office 4 Glebe Field, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4DL.|